Wednesday 26 October 2011

Slight dizziness and nausea no headache but slight pressure in the back of the head?

I am afraid this might be brain tumor. My name is Otto and I am almost 20 years old and I am Asian. Im a guy. I am slightly over weight and I do not smoke. The entire thing started when I was heading off to college in the summer of 2007. My mother and I were heading to Washington DC from LA. We were driving across country. one night when we stopped to grab dinner I suddenly experienced difficulty swallowing. Then my head felt really confused and just plain strange. I could not talk properly. I could only answer to simple questions and I was subtly shaking. We went back to the hotel and I just went to bed but even then I was feeling really weird. I do not know how to describe this well, but it feels like a gush of different thoughts rushing through my head and I cannot control them. My mom did not understand what was going on because I was normal and everything about me from the exterior was fine. Then I got to college, the same symptoms did not come back for about two months. One night when I was sleeping my room-mate flashed the lights really quickly when I was sleeping. Then several minutes later I experienced the same sensation I did when I was driving across country, this time only worse. I kept staring into the distance to try and control my thoughts. Then I got up and the trembling started all over my body but I could still walk and speak. I could only form small sentences however and I could not answer my room-mate properly. I was panicking but I never lost consciousness. After that night I became extremely alert and worried. The last time I had a seizure was when I was really small and my mom says it was because I had a high fever. At the time I thought I was just sitting too long from all that driving and I thought all the change from coming to college was causing me stress so I did not pay enough attention. My friend's mother is a nurse so I followed my friend to see her. She told me she had no idea and told me I should seek help. I did not because after that night it stopped completely for a while and I learned how to control my weird sensations in the head afterward when I do get smaller versions of the attack. It has been a year since the first event happened and right now those small sensations are coming back. Not as often as when I went to college but I am extremely worried this might be something serious. I do not get headaches....but this morning I started noticing subtle sharp pains on the right side of my head. they are like bolts of pain but very small and happened very little this morning. probably once every thirty minutes. They were gone after I woke up about an hour later. Right now my head feels heavy, maybe its psychological but I am terrified. I do not have an appetite which is unusual. I am not hungry because I feel a very slight nausea. I feel pressure in the back of my head. My neck is sore because I fell off a Banana Boat before the dizziness and slight nausea happened. I have read all over the internet and they are only making me even more worried. Before the banana boat fall I was perfectly fine but I started experiencing dizziness afterward. I went banana boating sunday, right now it is thursday. its still here. the lack of appetite is making my mother worried. I am going to Japan to see my father. I will arrange for an MRI scan of my head. Hopefully its nothing serious. can a whiplash cause such nausea and lack of appetite for days? Since the partial seizures started from a year back, even if its a brain tumor, should it be benign? I do not know. I am trying not to freak out but this is making me worried.
Slight dizziness and nausea no headache but slight pressure in the back of the head?
its normal to freak out when you experience things in your body that are not usual. Based on your story, you are heading for the right decision to take steps to have a comprehensive check up. They are several things that you might be suffering from ( like a high blood pressure, a head injury or a seizure). Fortunately, all of them can be treated as long as you are compliant with what the doctors ask you to do. Dude, be brave to have a comprehensive physical exam and tests. The doctor will base the diagnosis on these. And you'll know for sure what is happening .
  • parameter
  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment