Friday 7 October 2011

How does temperature change affect the taste of beer?

I had my first beer last night, and it was warm. My older sister gave it to me, and incorrectly said it as skunked. She meant that it had been warm them cold then warm again(skunking is when it is exposed to light and in turn lets off a skunk-y scent). It was bud light (this :http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/lager-h鈥?/a> and I didn't think that it tasted THAT far away from soda, it didn't taste like soda, but it was carbonated and didn't have a very strong flavor. So how does temperature change, change the flavor?



Also I read that bottled beer becomes skunked very easily, can canned beer become skunked?
How does temperature change affect the taste of beer?
Even in its best state, Bud Light is barely to be considered beer. Full-flavored beers tend to be better at temperatures in the 50's or so, not the near-freezing temperature that's the design parameter for the major American products.
How does temperature change affect the taste of beer?
http://www.evansale.com/skunked_beer.ht > your answer lies there and yes canned beer becomes skunked just as fast as bottled beer
Basically warm beer doesn't last as long, and it doesn't matter can or bottle except sun light also breaks it down faster. Cooling and getting it warm again then cold isn't any worse than just keeping it warm. Some beers are worse than others, and clear glass if it's kept in sun is THE WORST.



Sarojin above me is talking out her back side lol. Green Beer is like Heineken or Mickeys, not moldy lol, and tap has NOTHING to do with it. Draft beer out of a tap is usually the most fresh you can get and less likely to be spoiled because the volume keeps it from getting hot and the the sealed thick aluminum Cage keeps out sun light and other factors that can degrade the qualities of the beer.
I don't know the exact process of beer making, but I do know that it goes through various processes which include warming it up , cooling it down, and repeating that process about 3 or 4 times. Then it sits in a warm room for close to a year I believe. I would imagine that warm beer would taste like crap, but then again I think all beer tastes like crap and your sister was wrong for giving it to you if you are underaged. I know you were probably curious, but if you are not responsible enough to drink it, then you should not be allowed. That's what causes alcohol abuse. Don't get me wrong I have had my fair share of underaged drinking, I just don't think it's a good idea for you to drink anymore untill you are of age. God Bless you!
no it does nothing to the taste
Little Girls shouldn't be drinking beer in the first place.
Beer is best when it is ice cold. Best also, out of the bottle. When you go out and drink draft beer, you stand a chance of getting 'green' beer. Not so good, kind of moldy tasting. Just but some bottles and put them in the freezer for a little while. It's so good.
  • server
  • dry hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment