Wednesday 26 October 2011

Need Help!? Written a Novel.. Tips!?!?

Ok so I started to write a novel. It's about 2-3 pages on %26quot;word-pad%26quot;. I think I did an alright job.. But before I try to make another page I have some questions.



It was dark. I could hear a little whisper off of someone's breath, then another and another. This was the only place I felt safe, when I was in the darkest room about to get tested on. We never know if we'll come back alive, or don't come back at all. But for now all we care about is whats going happen when we enter the lab. The doors open with a sudden loud bang, the lights were unexpected and blinding. After I got used to the lighting change, I could see all my cellmates looking towards the door. Just then, I caught a glimpse of a dark figure heading towards the room, so I turned around to face the man. He looked around, and seen what he came in for. He started heading towards a young boy who was slowly trying to back away when the man grabbed him by his arm, I seen the pain in the boy's eyes as the man dragged him out of the room. The child was screaming from fear, but the sound soon faded away as the doors shut.



That is the beginning of my novel.



1. Would this catch your attention in any way?

2. Do you have any tips?

3. Any %26quot;other%26quot; info I should need to finish writing this novel?

4. Also, how many %26quot;word-pad%26quot; pages would be a page in a novel? So how much do I need to write on my computer to get about 100 pages in the novel?



Thanks. Hopefully I get some good answers.

Please don't claim copy write.. Thanks.



Kayla,
Need Help!? Written a Novel.. Tips!?!?
1. It does sorta catch my intrest, but it also doesn't seem like anything would happen. I mean the person doesn't get up to chase them so I just feel that you might want to add that.



2. You should reword some parts like this part 'I could hear a little whisper off of someone's breath,%26quot; instead I think it would be better written, %26quot;I could hear the whisper of someone''s breath,%26quot; or %26quot;I could hear them whispering.%26quot;



3. Don't push to much information down the readers throat at once.



4. there is about 250 words per page, so if you do word count and than divide that number by 250 that is how many pages you have.



Hope this helps and if you need anymore help become one of my contacts and I'll email you!
Need Help!? Written a Novel.. Tips!?!?
1- Yes! Why is the boy being dragged away?! Where are they?! Who is this dark figure?! Very attention grabbing.



2- Try using more creative adjectives and the part when the man comes in is kind of confusing because I can't really understand where he's coming from.



3- Keep going! It sounds like it will have excellent potential!



4- No clue. Sorry I can't help with this one!
1) Yes! I'm a proud bookworm, and i would definitely be interested in reading this.

2) I agree, use more adjectives and details. I would tell a little more about the room as well

3) Keep working on it! It seems very promising, and it's a very original sounding plot. Good luck!

4) I have no idea sorry!
It would catch my attention but a) copy it over to Microsoft Word or something other than Word Pad, then you know that when you write 50 A4 pages that's about 100 book ones. It seems good but I think you need to read over it carefully and rewrite just one or two parts.
It was good, there are some sentences that had grammar/punctuation errors. But over all i did like it.



i have been writing a novel myself, and like you i only have a few pages done. Just don't let anyone discourage you from writing, the more you look over it and change things up the better it will get.



-ashlee
wow, the beginning really captures the reader's interest. some tips i have is that u used the word %26quot;I%26quot; a lot and it was getting kind of repetitive, so maybe u could find some way to rephrase the sentence without the word I. also, the story changes from past tense to present, and then changes back to past.

good luck on your story! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment