Friday 7 October 2011

Questions for hairdresser! first time prof colour change with foils (i've home coloured it before) nervous etc?

I'm going to hairdressers for colour change, first time having it coloured at hairdressers (i've home coloured it before) .Got some questions!



I'm having foils, 3 different colours, will they use semi permanent or permanent colour?? Or does it depend on the salon? My base colour is medium blonde (dyed) and they want to add nice light blonde, warmer blonde and light brown/dark blonde colour. I'm happy with the colours.



I don't want to have my hair cut or blowdryed, is that ok?? i'm not paying loads extra when its only the colour I want done. They asked me and I said no thanks and she sounded surprised on the phone, is it unusual for someone to only want hair colour done?? I'm trying to grow my hair and not bothered about them styling it. Luckily the girl on the phone isn't cutting my hair.



The girl on the phone said full head half head, I said I didn't know, full head I suppose. But my hair is quite short at the neck. I don't want to be charged for something I don't have. My hair is not quite long enough to put in a ponytail at the back.



What happens when I get to the hairdressers??

Will they wash my hair first?? I don't know wether to keep eyes open or shut when they wash hair/head massage. Sounds funny but I feel daft.

Should I take a book? And if they offer a drink should I accept or is that extra???

How much to tip??



I haven't been to the hairdressers much, as in my youth I had some awful haircuts. So thats why i'm so unsure.



Any info will be appreciated!! Thanks
Questions for hairdresser! first time prof colour change with foils (i've home coloured it before) nervous etc?
It depends on what you want, and the color. Semi-permanent ONLY goes darker. It won't lighten the hair, So if your having lighter then your hair colors, They'll use permanent. You don't have to have your hair cut or blowdried. All you say is you want your hair colored, and tell the hairstylist, You don't want your hair to be blow dried. But just to add, A trim would be good, expecially if your growing your hair. Split ends cause breakage.



They will color your hair, and then wash your hair. You can close your eyes...Getting your hair washed at Salons are a bit relaxing. You can take a book if you want, You will be there for an hour or two at the most. And if they offer a drink, and you want a drink accept it. If not, Just say, %26quot;no thanks%26quot;.
Questions for hairdresser! first time prof colour change with foils (i've home coloured it before) nervous etc?
If you can't afford it, or are that worried about it, then you should stay home and do your own haircolor. And it will look like crap. you get what you pay for. If you want to be cheap and cut corners, your haircut will reflect that.

No comments:

Post a Comment