Friday 7 October 2011

Rate this poem???????

%26quot;For Keeps%26quot; Random Music (C) 2009



I don鈥檛 know how you do it.

You made me change my ways.

I鈥檝e softened up, buckled down.

Fell into a daze.

Maybe it was the way your mellow brown eyes told me it would be okay.

Or the way your intelligent words left me with nothing else to say.



Or how your light, playful smile had me feeling like a child.

Making the fire that surrounded us seem so very mild.

I love the way your arms felt so strong.

For about a couple moments, nothing did go wrong.



So we鈥檒l hear the rain before day turns to night.

I鈥檒l cry until I fall asleep, holding you so tight.

Drops of water land delicately on my roof.

I could swear that soft beat is my living proof.



That鈥檚 why I breathe鈥his explains why I鈥檓 here.

To make him happy, to wipe away his tears.



It鈥檚 kind of funny how we only like the sky when it鈥檚 black.

We have silent conversations and watch each other鈥檚 backs.



But I know that one day the throbbing will stop altogether鈥kies will turn blue.

The rain isn鈥檛 worth hearing if I don鈥檛 hear it with you.



I heard it all, I was there.

Begged them to try and nobody cared.

So I got to my knees, ripped my heart out of my chest.

Accusing stares but forget about the rest.



A straight flatline like I鈥檝e seen so many times before.

A walk up a ladder, a knock on a door.



I haven鈥檛 been a perfect person, what else could I do?

I was sure that I would sign it all away to you.



You were my rock, my safety, my core.

I would do anything to see that smile once more.

One more grip, one more chance.

One more storm, a clumsy dance.



It kept going, piercing in my head.

Things better change fast or my soul is dead.

Then out of the blue like in the past.

You look at my insanity and you straight up laughed.

Then it started to rain and you鈥檙e arms felt tight.

It wasn鈥檛 any different than any other night.

I heard the beat once again and I fell asleep.

I prayed to the big guy and thought very deep,

If he needed a heart鈥ake mine next time, for keeps.
Rate this poem???????
I think its very good, and filled with great emotion. It also is one I can

definitely relate to as my love died right there in front of me on Apr. 15th, 2009

so my heart was totally moved by your words/song. it was all so sudden and unexpected, and broke my heart and spirit. I also wrote

and posted poems about it here, right afterward.( as It helped me deal

with all the pain and feelings in releasing them.)

Yours is beautifully written and thanks for sharing it. I am happy to have read it. Keep writing.
Rate this poem???????
Nice,macabre, but nice.

Actually beautiful if a better word.



Answer my poem related question now.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment