Wednesday 26 October 2011

Iris/pupil become unresponsive to light after getting hit... will it recover?

If the situation doesn't improve, I will probably go to see an optometrist... but I'd like to learn more right now...



Yesterday when I was playing badminton (double), I turned my head around to look at my partner and suddenly the shuttlecock hit my right eye directly. No bleeding, but my vision was blurred.



After a few hours, my vision has almost returned to normal. However, by using a small torch, I find that the pupil on my right eye doesn't quite respond to light. In comparison, I can see how the pupil in my healthy left eye changes in size.



Has anyone had similar experience? I want to know is it going to recover automatically... or is there something very bad going on... Thanks!
Iris/pupil become unresponsive to light after getting hit... will it recover?
i would call an ophthalmologist, not ur optometrist. your dilator or sphincter muscles could be damaged, they are responsible for opening %26amp; closing the pupil. it may recover, but either way, even if it does, it's not a bad idea to have it checked out.
Iris/pupil become unresponsive to light after getting hit... will it recover?
no
my dad was hit in the eye with a bebe gun, it made him blind but it was the bullet so i think it did more damage than it did to you. I would soak it in warm water or take a warm bath for a few minutes. But I would HIGHLY recommend going to the doctor! If you feel as if you will be ok then do as I suggested earlier. but also avoid touch or rubbing your with your hand (or foot if you are weird) Also this kind of thing CAN cause vision problems!
I have a friend at school who was hit in exactly the same way, and he recovered fine after about two days, but he also went to the doctor to though, and he did have some cornea damage.



I suggest going to the doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment