Friday 7 October 2011

Any suggestions on how to make myself have a more positive outlook?

I have a few problems at the moment (i wont bore you all with them) and i am desperately trying to be positive. The problem is, no matter how many times i say positive things out loud...in my head i still dont really believe it.

I dont think my life is hopeless and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel or anything, i just cant seem to cope very well at the moment and i feel like i need to change my negativity. Has any one had success with techniques/books etc?

All helpfull advice really appreciated.
Any suggestions on how to make myself have a more positive outlook?
Sometimes the only way to get out of the routine of dwelling on your problems is to volunteer in a capacity that you give of yourself. When you see someone else that is worse off than you, it gives you a new perspective!
Any suggestions on how to make myself have a more positive outlook?
optimists build airplanes and Pessimists (like you) invented the parachute.



don'cha worry --- you're normal and an integral part of society.
just look on the bright side %26quot;it will work out%26quot;
Oh boy, lol!



I have a great list of books, Success Is A Choice, by I forget off the top of head (but he was or is a successful basket ball coach, college basket ball I believe), and www.stephencovey.com.



Good Luck and Chin Up!!
Go to a local bookstore and get a Self Help book. Ones that deal with dealing with our individual lifes and how you aren't alone with having trouble with being positive. Reading others views on how they dealt with a situation, usually helps you out as well. I'd also suggest going into some chatrooms dealing with depression(clinical or not, it doesn't matter).



I think just finding a person you can talk to about your problems will make you see a more positivie note. Moments pass on by and things just eventually go on. You can't let yourself dwell too long or you get lost in the whirl.
It is really hard but you must think positive, act positive, look positive and most of all your appearance must be positive as well. Just to benefit yourself try to do those things. By having faith and believe in yourself all things are possible.
WRITE positive things on little cards instead of saying them and have the stack in your pocket at all times and look at it every three hours, when you wake up and before bedtime. If possible make them very pleasing to the eye.



When your negativity starts sinking in, take deep breaths, so that the air fills out your stomach.



Read a good short life history of some great leader whose been through more obstacles than you. It might inspire you to get rid of your own hurdles.



Read The Power of Positive thinking or The Power of Positive Living by Norman Vincent Peale. This is the best suggestion I could possibly give. I'm dead serious, go out and get one of those books today!
read ''who moved my cheese'' this book is awesome!!!!believe me it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment