Friday 7 October 2011

Hole in the head disease... HELP!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?

I think my female midas cichlid has hole in the head disease. I see small hole like things on her head!



She's in a 47 gallon column aquarium but I plan on moving her to a 90 gallon aquarium TONIGHT, and if not tonight TOMORROW.



I have a # 70 AquaClear Power Filter on the tank, a heater, and a light. I'm going to have 2 AquaClear # 70's on the 90 gallon tank, and 2 heaters.



I change about 4-5 gallons of water every 4 days or so, should I change my routine? How many gallons, and how often?



I feed her large cichlid pellets, small cichlid pellets, and koi pellets. I think this is probably the main cause! What live foods do I need to feed her?! I will not feed my fish goldfish or guppies, anything but those.



Can fish die from this disease?!



PLEASE HELP! I DON'T WANT MY FISH TO DIE!!!!!
Hole in the head disease... HELP!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?
Read this. Huge article, but very informative and detailed.

http://www.worldcichlids.com/diseases/Ad鈥?/a>



Koi pellets, probably not a good idea. Feed her large cichlid pellets, the best kind you can find/afford, bloodworms, live blackworms, and don't forget a little plant matter. Lettuce, boiled peas, sliced zucchini, etc. But not too much since it's mainly a carnivore. As for water changes, I do 25% biweekly, but most people do 25% weekly. I don't know anbody who does water changes every 4 days.



Who the hell takes a fish to a vet? You should shut up. Taking a fish to the vet would A) stress it out resulting in worse health conditions B) not help at all and C) result in you getting made fun of by everyone there and the vet for a long time.
Hole in the head disease... HELP!?!?!!!?!?!?!!?
tell the vet what happen than the vet might know what to do
How is seeing a vet not a serious answer? Go to the freaking vet.
If it is hole in the head disease, she would need medication in addition to clean water. I wouldn't move her, as that would stress her out even more. I like to use jungle labs parasite guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment