Wednesday 26 October 2011

How to get a natural looking Blonde?

I lightened my hair last night from brown to this red/orange/blonde color. It seems that ever since I had my son a few years ago, my hair doesn't dye the same. I used to pick any dye out and my hair would end up that color. So anyways, I want my hair to be a natural looking light blonde color. I have a photo of my hair from several years ago and it was a soft looking blonde, so that's what I want to go back to. So any advice before I head out to Sally's would be nice. I don鈥檛 have a lot of cash so simple and easy ideas are what I need. Oh, and I have city water not well water, which I read can cause red tints in hair so that's not the problem. I think my hair just changed as I got older so it doesn't take to dye as well anymore. I also don鈥檛 want to fry my hair, hehe. I got advice from someone on how to lighten my hair and it almost fell out! So please help!



Thank you and happy coloring!!! :)
How to get a natural looking Blonde?
I have found that most blonde colors out of a bottle tend to end up a orangey tint. Its hard to get a natural blonde without going to a hairdresser. But i found that if you look for a blonde with an ash tone it comes out better.
How to get a natural looking Blonde?
The best way is to go to a professional.



Otherwise, you鈥檙e going to need to remove all color from your hair. Then color the color you want. The girls at Sally鈥檚 should be able to help you find the products you need. While you are there pick up a good deep conditioner, since with multiple processing, you鈥檙e going to have damage no matter what you do.
The general rule is you cant put color on top of color to lighten. BUT if you use a higher peroxide say 40vol. it will be able to lighten a shade or two. Its a color wheel just like when we were kids. If it has too much gold(brightness) you use a ash or red- violet base. This get so confusing for some people. I would recommend a natrual blonde whatever level u like(med or light) BUT MUST BE NATRUAL %26amp; a ash blonde(whatever u like) The ash will counteract the red %26amp; gold. The natrual has a purple base and it will counteract the gold. EQUAL PARTS! Same amount of both colors. You dont want to pull too much ash, that will make it look dull. But it will work. I would also use 40 vol. peroxide. Regular 20 vol. will go give it a little lift. Be careful 40 vol. sometimes can be a little harsh on your scalp(not your hair). Especially after a color the day before. The water isnt your problem, your body changes once in a while and/or the color you picked has changed. I'm assuming its your body, that happens all the time. Your hair might be a litter dry so make sure you have a good conditioner. It will NOT be fried. That only happens when u use bleach. Good luck!

*****You can do this yourself But I would recommend a stylist! They know what they are doing, well most of them! LOL******
I really like Ferria's blond shades, they come out more naturally on my hair and somehow create highlights. You can do a medium blond and add a really light highlight color. If you do the dark blond color first it will help cover your red/orange/blonde and it wont' have that all over peroxide blond look. Getting older and having children changes your hormones and whole body chemistry (which affects your hair and the way it holds color).

No comments:

Post a Comment