Tuesday 20 September 2011

I have a question for people who really do know hair color and how it works...?

I have dark hair (almost black) and I was just wanting to put a dark red color over my hair to cover up these little bleached stripes I have in my hair.



So when I put the dark red in my dark brown hair; when I'm in the sun and swimming pool is it likely for my whole head of hair to change color, to go lighter??

I've been told that even my natural hair color (the dark brown) will even turn a lighter color if I put the hair color over it then jump in the pool, is this true?



I'm not bleaching anymore of my hair. I just want to cover it up with a dark red color.



I know the bleached part of my hair will turn lighter, but what about the rest of my hair?
I have a question for people who really do know hair color and how it works...?
From what I understand of the chlorine in pool water, it only changes your hair color if you are blonde. In which case you start seeing green in your hair. Being out in the sun is what causes darker colors to lighten.



As far as you coloring your hair, I don't really see why you would want to put a dark red into it. Red fades out the quickest out of all colors and is incredibly hard to upkeep, so if you color your hair with red, given two-three weeks your blonde will start showing through once again. I would suggest using a brown color that matches your natural haircolor. And only do this on the bleeched hair. You don't even need to touch the rest of it. If I were you I would go to a salon to get this done so that the color will match. They will also be able to suggest the best products for you to use to keep the color from fading.



Also, if you swim a lot, talk to your hairdresser and ask them for something that protects your hair against the chlorine. I believe it is a spray-in product that you put in your hair before you go into the pool and simply wash off when you are done swimming. This will keep the chlorine from doing any damage to your hair and can also protect against the sun. So just take care of your hair and it'll look fine. Best of luck!



~*~firedhel~*~
I have a question for people who really do know hair color and how it works...?
It won't turn lighter. The pool won't do anything

The red will give all your hair a slight tint..but thats it
The rest of your hair will most likely turn a deeper brown.

If you don't want it turn a colour jumping a a pool or in the sun, by a more expensive kind and do not go in the pool for a couple of days, there is nothing better you can do. Unless you get it done professionally, but then it will cost a bit more.
i don't think you should cover up the bleached spots with red because red hair coloring fades very quickly especially if you're out in the sun a lot and swimming so i think you should just cover up the bleached streaks with your natural dark brown color and that would probably work the best
I would just separate the bleached strands out and paint the dye onto the bleached hair with ceran wrap or something underneath it and wrap it up while its dying once you rinse it you won't have much, if any, dye on the other parts of your hair. You can also use foil. And chlorine from pool water has bleach in it so it will change your hair color slightly if you swim every single day but not drastically unless you are blond.
You need to put on a semi permanent color on that only deposits color onto your hair, it has a much lower peroxide level so your dark hair can not lighten but the chlorine in the pool will strip the color out pretty quickly but there will be no harm done to your hair so you can reapply it as often as you need. Clairol makes a couple products , either Natural Instincts or Complements demi permanent. Both will deposit only so you don't have to worry about altering your natural color, it just washes out slowly so you won't get a regrowth line either. Good luck!
* hair coloring tips

http://beegee.wordpress.com/2007/05/08/1鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment