Saturday 24 September 2011

How can I get my lazy husband to help?

My husband works 5 days a week, on his days off he is on the computer or in front of the tv the entire time. I am a full-time student and take care of our 2 1/2 yr old son and 5 month pregnant. I do all the household chores, which most of them I don't mind doing. But, he wanted a dog, so we got a dog, I am not picking up the mess in the backyard from him. I shouldn't have to tell him for several days to change a light bulb because he doesn't want me to do it while prego. Even to have conversation with him is like beating my head on a brick wall. He doesn't listen, our son wants to spend time with him and he just brushes him away. All he wants to do is play computer games and watch football. Then he tries to expect me to bring him a drink or lunch or something and gets mad and pissy if I don't I still don't do it, he can come down to get it himself. What should I do about it? How can I get him to pitch in with something or help with our son? He should at least clean the garage, right?
How can I get my lazy husband to help?
You knew what you were getting into when you married him,

it's not like he changed overnight. So now just deal with it.

Sorry, but you shouldn't marry someone thinking they will

change.
How can I get my lazy husband to help?
wow he sounds horribly lazy-get yourself a tazer!
M-13...lol
My husband says you aren't being unreasonable. I think if your husband wanted kids he should be required to help out. Unplug the TV or have the cable turned off. If he gets pissed tell him you can't afford it anymore since you need help from outside sources to take care of his children.



Edit: If he thinks you sit around and do nothing, stop doing everything. Tell him sorry, but you didn't have time to do the laundry, clean the house or cook dinner. If he wants those things, he can get off his as*.
Never use the word 'should'! Tell him you are feeling pretty frustrated by his behaviour and that you are needing more support at the weekends. Also he needs to spend some time bonding with his son and that needs to be addressed. His priorities are all out of whack! Oh and change your own light bulb - you will be fine! With the dog - tell him if he is not prepared to take care of it you will have to find another home for it.
How about hire a hot looking young guy to be your assistant for the things he refuses to do?



Joy to you!



PS - just saw your additional note that he just returned fronm Iraq - he may be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. See if the VA has a program for that.
You can't get him to help. He's a MAN.
Do not nag! That will make things worse. Pray. Perhaps someone from his family or a family friend can explain. Have you tried marriage counseling? Don't overwhelm him with all that he is not doing, but tell him you appreciate what he is doing and you need him to also do ... just one more thing. Do not nag. Handle this with love and the power of a woman.
make special plans to get him around the house. Honestly I don't know if I could stay married to someone like that because I expect attention. I saw my sister in law cleaning on her hands and knees as my brother worked out at the gym. I asked her how often she cleans and she says every sunday. I bet my brother does not ever help and I feel bad for her. I ask my boyfriend of two years to clean something and he always does it and does a better job than me sometimes. I think you need to set him straight and tell him you are done doing all the house work. Its not fair you have enough on ur plate, he needs to get off his lazy @$$
You can't force him to do anything, but you can stop doing things around the house and for him.
Get a cattle prod
Don't serve him food or drinks hand and foot. Tell him if he doesn't give time to his kid, you'll get a adult male buddy for him. Don't do his laundry, don't iron his clothes and don't do anything for him unless he helps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment