Wednesday 21 September 2011

Do you like to analyze dreams?

i am going to describe a curious dream i had last night. i love reading what people have to say about other people's dreams, and i can't wait to read your opinions or theories:



when the dream begins, i am my true age (which is twenty three). i'm in my apartment in maryland. i walk into the kitchen and i become a preteen, and my mother, (who in real life lives in georgia and is just over forty), is in her late twenties and standing on a chair attempting to change a light bulb.



much about the apartment seems to be the same from the inside. however, when i step out the front door and look back, i see the house my mother and i lived in when i was in high school.



the temperature is very hot and many of our neighbors are decorating for the forth of july, but our front yard has christmas ornaments scattered about. i am confused by this and walk back into the house to ask my mother why she has decorated for the holidays.



when i enter i find her standing on a chair in the living room, still changing light bulbs. but this time she can't reach the socket. it's like the celling is taunting her and pulling back from her reach.



she tries for a while, then she gets this worried look on her face. then my sister, (i don't have a sister in real life), screams at her to stop what she is doing. they both crash on the sofa and begin to cry and complain about how miserable their lives are. i don't want to hear it, so i sit on the other end of the now freakishly long sofa.



beside me is a window and in it an air conditioning unit, which is coughing up refreshingly icy air. i close my eyes and stick my face in it's path to catch the delightful draft, (and to drown out the sounds of my mother and sister's self pity).



suddenly the a/c unit cuts out. i open my eyes to look and the a/c is sucked to the pitch black of the outside.



i run over to the window and i see two young boys running away. i yell something at them, (i can't remember what i said), and sit back down on the sofa and fall asleep.



i wake up in the middle of the night to tapping sounds at the now broken window. it's terribly dark and i am nervous as i tip toe toward the splintered sill. suddenly a dozen black arms reach in toward me, they grab and swing, and i scream but no sound comes from my mouth.



i close my eyes really tight and everything gets quiet.



when i open my eyes the window is empty, (no outstretched arms, no a/c unit). as i walk toward it and see a young boy in the street, i think it was one of the boys who ran away earlier, but i'm not positive. i glare at him and he returns my stare. then he flips me off. i shout at him sarcastically, %26quot;i'm sure your mother would approve!%26quot;



then i look to my right and his mother is standing at my door.













i don't remember anything else. i only remember that much because i repeated it over and over in my head this morning. i don't know if the boy stole the air conditioner or not. and i don't know why he flipped me off. what do you have to say?
Do you like to analyze dreams?
Sometimes I do.. but I really like to hear ppl's thoughts. so please help me with my dream.. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



but I know that that ceiling thing can mean limit. U may have saw ur mom try to do certain things in life and she couldn't succeed? The fact that a SISTER was added, makes me think WOMEN and you may have heard many stories or seen a lot of instances where women weren't treated fairly or failed at many things. The fact that you sat on the opp end of the couch and felt pissed at their self pity, makes me think you are trying to separate yourself as much as you can from those %26quot;stereotypes.%26quot; Or you've already surpassed what a lot of females in your family have.



I don't know much about everything else in the dream lol :/
Do you like to analyze dreams?
In answer to the intial question: no

No comments:

Post a Comment