Saturday 24 September 2011

How can I change my low-carb diet to a healthy, just ''regular'' diet?

So I've been doing a low-carb diet for about two weeks and I've lost approximately 5 pounds or so. My problem is that Im always feeling very light-headed, nauseas, and throw up sometimes. I didn't excatly do a lot of reasearch on it before i got on it and I didn't know it was unhealthy, but I found this out after a week on it and I didnt want to stop because I was scared that I'd gain weight. I can't survive on just meat and eggs! I want my fruits and veggies (plus i've been CRAVING watermelon)
How can I change my low-carb diet to a healthy, just ''regular'' diet?
lala I run a low carb website and I can tell you you shouldn't just be eating meat and eggs!!!



What kind of low carb diet are you following? are you eating enough? are you eating fat?



You can have heaps of veggies and be low carbing if you avoid the biggies like potato. Fruit, you can also add this into your diet starting with the lower carb fruits.



Low carb diets are not unhealthy, please don't ever think that. The main point of low carb diets is to remove the proccessed crap from your diet, this isn't unhealthy!



There's some great articles on low carb diets linked below as well as a page I put together showing research on the various benefits of low carb diets:
How can I change my low-carb diet to a healthy, just ''regular'' diet?
When you're body CRAVES something, it's because you're body NEEDS it. So have your slice of watermelon not just because it's fruit and that you're craving it but because watermelon is just water.

Remember, when you're craving, you're needing. Don't ignore your cravings, limit them, don't eat too much of them because we all need to look good in our swim suits this summer! :)
It sounds more as if you had been doing no-carb instead of low-carb? Just introduce fresh foods and veggies in your diet. You should not gain weight. Keep on drinking plenty of water though. I'd still recommend about 30% of your daily calories come from protein. See article below for more info on how the diets compare. You'll see that as long as you watch what you eat and you follow a healthy and balanced diet, all of them are more or less equally effective. It is all a matter of personal taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment