Tuesday 20 September 2011

How do I stablize my blood sugar after a dietary change?

After a lifetime of eating bagels for breakfast, sandwiches and pretzels for lunch, and pasta for dinner, I've given up wheat. Now my blood sugar appears to have gone crazy. Typically, I don't even like sweets that much, but now I find myself constantly craving chocolate and ice cream. I'm trying to satisfy this craving with fruit, diet soda, and sugar-free gum instead, but truth is, I'm going crazy. I feel light-headed, too.



Obviously, the problem is a change in blood sugar levels, I'm thinking. Is there anything--any vitamin or mineral, say?--that I can take to kind of stabilize everything? Is this normal? If I don't do anything but continue chowing down on fruit and diet drinks, will it go away on its own?



Thanks for any help. I appreciate it.
How do I stablize my blood sugar after a dietary change?
Actually yes.



When you feel light headed take your BP.



You could use a product developed for diabetics called glucerna. They make shakes, bars etc. One of their products should work for you. But there is nothing wrong with chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment